Jesus-N-Me

Every day Christian living, is a journey with Jesus. As we Journey with Jesus we grow in our personal relationship with him.

Welcome

Thanks for visiting Jesus-N-Me. This is the real me, in real life, in my relationship and experience, with a real God who loves us.

Cynthia







Whoa ! What Happened !

Well, things so far have been going great (see Down Nine Pounds). So this week I decided to get adventurous. I'm not a foodie, I spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, but this week I saw a recipe for Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs. Wow! Does that mean I could have my cheesecake (my favorite dessert) and keep to the Keto way of eating too? I was so excited to have dessert!
 I got busy mixing up the ingredients. The sweetener I used was Pure Stevia. I thought that would not cause me any problems, but I was wrong! My blood sugar was okay, but something went crazy in my head as well as taste buds. The craving for sweetness knocked me against the head like a baseball bat.
I was crazy dizzy with cravings for anything, everything, sweet. What in the world happened!
Within 24 hours, I had eaten every bite, and I wanted to make more! It's was so scary to have the cravings. I hadn't had any cravings since starting the Keto way of eating. I hope to never feel like that again. So far, five weeks in, I have been delighted, not hungry, not feeling deprived, and enjoying my meals.
I have determined that it is in my best interest to keep my meals and snacks simple. I decided not to make sweet treats again. I was doing fine without them. So. I fell back on the age-old adage. If it's not broke, don't fix it!
I don't consider times like this to mean I've failed, but that I've learned more about how to reach the goal set before me. What ever your goals are never give up. This journey is a learning process so "if at first you don't succeed try try again."

No comments: