Jesus-N-Me

Every day Christian living, is a journey with Jesus. As we Journey with Jesus we grow in our personal relationship with him.

Welcome

Thanks for visiting Jesus-N-Me. This is the real me, in real life, in my relationship and experience, with a real God who loves us.

Cynthia







Stepping Stones

I love stepping stones winding a path through the garden at the park leading the way from one beautiful flower or bush to the next.

Years ago I had a dream; I was walking through a beautiful forest, the sun filtering through the enormous evergreens. As I walked deeper and deeper into the woods it began to get dark it is hard to see. I came up to a large stream, but with the darkness and not being an excellent swimmer, I froze in fear. I stood on the bank trembling and began to cry. I felt so lost, alone and hopeless with no way to get out of the forest.

Then suddenly, I felt a presence standing behind me. I turned and saw my Savior; Jesus, his light shining brightly through the darkness. My body stopped its trembling, tears their flow. He spoke quietly, calmly. He said, "don't be afraid even when you can't see me I am with you everywhere you go." "You are not alone." "Go ahead step out onto the stones; they are the path I planned for you ." "They will help you to reach the other side."

As I stepped out, I saw his bright eyes smiling with pride. Encouraged I stepped onto one then another until I felt the rocky ground beneath my feet and realized I had made it across the river one stone at a time. Then Jesus lit the path before my feet, though darkness enveloped the forest all around, step by step I followed the path until I was home safe and sound.

I am reminded of this dream whenever my journey seems too dark and difficult to continue, and I know I can make it because I am not alone. God is with me everywhere I go.
Joshua 1:9

No comments: