Jesus-N-Me

Every day Christian living, is a journey with Jesus. As we Journey with Jesus we grow in our personal relationship with him.

Welcome

Thanks for visiting Jesus-N-Me. This is the real me, in real life, in my relationship and experience, with a real God who loves us.

Cynthia







Moving Past The Pain

Life is full of ups and downs, hard times and times of ease.

Since childhood, I've experienced many kinds of physical and emotional pain. This past week I experienced a little of both.

One of my loved ones needed a lot of help. She was moving back home after an extended stay in a health facility, and her home was in the process of being remodeled.  Lifting and hauling stuff from storage and putting everything back in its place was so challenging and satisfying to know things were getting back to "normal"(as close to normal as it could be). We are not spring chickens, and we both have some physical limitations.

Besides that there was SHOPPING! She had to restock the cupboards and fridge, as well as buy new clothes (she lost several pounds and nothing she had fit anymore.) Exhausting!

Having lost her husband a few months before her accident, it was also a very emotional time moving back into her home without him. It was emotionaly trying for us both. He was a real brother to me, the "man" of our family since I was a pre-teen.

By the end of the day, we were exhausted, physically and emotionally. I plopped on the sofa and crashed with barely a thought of prayer before I was asleep.
The time we spent together, was a time of reconnecting. The close bond we've shared since childhood, strengthened, for that, I am so grateful.

 I am thankful that I took the time to pray each morning. It reminded me that God's grace is sufficient for me throughout each day.

No comments: